How to use "could" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "could" in popular movie and book plots
- Karen tells Warden that if he became an officer, she could divorce Holmes and marry him. - From Here to Eternity
- However, Gith is waiting for her, and he steals the Heart and uses it to bring Lord Tyler back to life, so he could have his revenge on Julie. - Heavy Metal: F.A.K.K.²
- In this sense, "jianghu" could be loosely interpreted as the way of life of a hermit. - Wuxia
- While lifting weights with Joseph, he bench presses about 350 pounds, well above what he had thought he could do. - Unbreakable (film)
- He passes a young female hitchhiker who later approaches his campfire and says that she could not get a ride. - The Straight Story
- Ryan also realizes that Japan's deletion of trade records could be an advantage in responding to the economic threat. - Debt of Honor
- He figures that Treehorn drugged him so that his goons could look for the ransom money at the Dude's home. - The Big Lebowski
- Marianne realises that she could never have been happy with Willoughby's immoral and expansive nature. - Sense and Sensibility
- Nanook; his wife, Nyla; and their family are introduced as fearless heroes who endure rigors "no other race" could survive. - Nanook of the North
- He declares that in six months he could turn Eliza into a lady by teaching her to speak properly. - My Fair Lady
- He tells her they could have been happy together saying, "for I loved you and I know you". - Gone with the Wind (novel)
- Hayashida, together with geologist Minami, propose to the Japanese Cabinet, that Godzilla could be lured back to Mt. - The Return of Godzilla
- She asks Agnes about being a lesbian and believes that their problems could be solved by leaving Åmål and going to Stockholm. - Show Me Love (film)
- Her father agrees, wishing Gregor could understand them and would leave of his own accord. - The Metamorphosis
- Jen runs away from her husband on the wedding night before the marriage could be consummated. - Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
- She proposes a project that could help the environment, but Bruce declines her offer, as it would kill millions of people. - Batman & Robin (film)
Meaning of "could" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "could" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "could" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "could"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word could below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.