How to use "countenance" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "countenance" in popular movie and book plots
- As John is leaving, Billy’s countenance changes and he begins saying “help me”. - What the Night Knows
- Smudge's countenance drastically changes and is now in a dither about dinner; he knows how Chloe cooks. - Penny Wisdom
- The tones of her voice stir up all the depths of his spirit, but her countenance is veiled. - The Revolt of Islam
- Neils will not countenance marrying a servant, but cannot afford to leave for America. - I Am Dina
- The Queen has calmed down considerably but cannot countenance the relationship because of Imriel's parents. - Kushiel's Justice
Meaning of "countenance" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "countenance" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "countenance" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "countenance"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word countenance below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.