How to use "counteract" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "counteract" in popular movie and book plots
- Wilson refuses to give him antidepressants and then takes some of House's Vicodin to counteract the amphetamines. - Resignation (House)
- They are nearly killed in the stampede of the Horde, but are able to counteract the nightmares and strengthen the humans. - Gossamer (novel)
- Zar volunteers to help Spock counteract the force field because he can sense whether Romulans are present even if he cannot see them. - Yesterday's Son
- His company has been forced to part with the entire quantity of Snooze free-of-charge, to counteract Graeme's antidote. - Snooze (The Goodies)
- Maggie developed a compound called the "Buffer" to counteract the effects of that particular radiation. - Hollow Man 2
- The attacks are becoming a national news story, and to counteract this, Kittridge allows amateur hunters into the forest. - Grizzly (film)
- Khurana used the toy to counteract his forgetfulness. - Deewane Huye Paagal
- Eventually Hamilton gets the ship's engines to counteract the spin and the ship lands on the planet. - Cosmos: War of the Planets
- The Snake devises a torture device to counteract it. - Five Deadly Venoms
- They bring the jade heart with them, but with the Virgin Mary etched on it to counteract the stone's original powers. - The Heart of Jade
- Silas ultimately does, having found a solution in which the last of Ivory's leaves could be used to counteract nausea. - How High
- Fleming has been able to determine the correct formula to counteract the effects of the enzyme and save Dawnay. - A for Andromeda
- The nations of the world began to devise several solutions to counteract the collision itself. - Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies
- Daniel discovers a way to counteract the dark wave, however any full witch would die in the process. - Sweep (book series)
- They comment on the dancers, who are weighed down to counteract their gracefulness and masked to hide their attractiveness. - Harrison Bergeron
- When he has a bad reaction to the drug, Alys goes to find him a medicine to counteract it. - Flow My Tears, the Policeman Said
Meaning of "counteract" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "counteract" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "counteract" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "counteract"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word counteract below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.