How to use "country" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "country" in popular movie and book plots
- The latter is unheard of in the patriarchal kingdom, and is tolerated only because Vosill claims citizenship in the far-off country of Drezen. - Inversions (novel)
- which destroys the vast majority of computer and communication systems, throwing the country into chaos. - Dark Angel (TV series)
- on a country road, with his learner's permit in his pocket" and that he "swerved, to avoid a porcupine". - Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?
- He is sentenced to serve time where he composes a country song entitled "Beat of the Heart". - Where the Heart Is (2000 film)
- Robert Audley cares for his friend, and, hoping to distract him, offers to take him to his wealthy uncle's country manor. - Lady Audley's Secret
- The series proper commences almost twenty years later in the Two Rivers, a near-forgotten district of the country of Andor. - The Wheel of Time
- Seventeen-year-old Catherine Morland is one of ten children of a country clergyman. - Northanger Abbey
- Shevat has been the only country to evade the control of Solaris. - Xenogears
- While Elizabeth declined physically with age, her running of the country continued to benefit her people. - House of Tudor
- Buttercup (Robin Wright) has grown up on a farm in the Renaissance Era, in the (fictional) country of Florin. - The Princess Bride (film)
- Mrs Jennings takes Elinor and Marianne to the country to visit her second daughter. - Sense and Sensibility
- to sail to his country Cuba to be his mail-order bride. - Original Sin (2001 film)
- Fawkes left the country for a short time. - Gunpowder Plot
- During the early 1580s it is likely that the Earl lived mainly at one of his Essex country houses, Wivenhoe, which was sold in 1584. - Edward de Vere, 17th Earl of Oxford
- Bill takes a taxi to the country mansion mentioned by Nick. - Eyes Wide Shut
- Their (unspecified) country of origin is interested in Vornoff's groundbreaking experiments with atomic energy and wants to recruit him. - Bride of the Monster
Meaning of "country" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "country" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "country" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "country"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word country below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.