How to use "courage" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "courage" in popular movie and book plots
- When he goes, Joseph gathers the courage to declare his love for Eva. - Morning Glory (1933 film)
- Alex and Nick reconcile, and she gains the courage to apply for entrance to the Conservatory. - Flashdance
- He stays away, but continues to keep tabs on her secretly, frustrated that he cannot muster the courage to reconnect with her. - My Favorite Year
- Aunt Amy (who isn't able to sing anymore because of Anthony) tentatively reaches for a fireplace poker, but no one has the courage to act. - It's a Good Life (The Twilight Zone)
- Only Inés has the courage to speak out against him. - Aguirre, the Wrath of God
- Despite this embarrassment, Hector finally summons the courage to talk to Miss Turner. - A Penny for Your Thoughts (The Twilight Zone)
- He keeps a revolver in his desk drawer but does not have the courage to use it. - Long Live Walter Jameson
- As he is applauded for having the courage to admit the truth, he runs after Amy, only for her to punch both him and Newman and storming out. - Three to Tango
- Unable to find the courage to stand up to his father, a distraught Neil commits suicide. - Dead Poets Society
- With Marguerite's love and courage amply proven, Percy's ardour is rekindled. - The Scarlet Pimpernel
- Jody takes the deer out, but does not have the courage to kill it. - The Yearling (film)
- Gino and his wife adopt the puppy as a family pet, naming him Coraggio (Italian for courage or bravery). - Out for Justice
- Striker's courage rekindles Elaine's love for him, and the two share a kiss. - Airplane!
- He manages to work up enough courage to confess his love to her, and it begins to look as if a relationship between them might appear. - Maison Ikkoku
- She values Elinor's conduct in her similar situation and resolves to model herself after Elinor's courage and good sense. - Sense and Sensibility
- Although he is romantically terrified of her at first, he later summons up enough courage to ask her out and they fall in love. - Meet the Feebles
Meaning of "courage" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "courage" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "courage" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "courage"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word courage below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.