How to use "court" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "court" in popular movie and book plots
- Count Sessine is a high-ranking member of the court who is assassinated, ending his last life. - Feersum Endjinn
- Their liaison is discovered by Henry's court and the two are executed. - The Private Life of Henry VIII
- By spring, the women have forgiven their "kidnappers" and fallen in love with the brothers, who are now allowed to court them. - Seven Brides for Seven Brothers
- DeWar is on high alert as the conflict with Ladenscion approaches, believing that someone within the court may be a traitor. - Inversions (novel)
- John's mother wants him to get rid of it, and a court orders it destroyed. - The Star Beast
- Raymond is taken to court where Meursault testifies that she had been unfaithful, and Raymond is let off with a warning. - The Stranger (novel)
- The Barrister, meanwhile, dreams of the court trial of a pig accused of deserting its sty, whom the Snark is defending. - The Hunting of the Snark
- At a court ball, he notices Mary's 18-year-old sister Anne (Geneviève Bujold), who has just returned from her education in France. - Anne of the Thousand Days
- Mitaka quickly declares his intention to court Kyoko and states that he is very patient, and can wait until her heart is ready. - Maison Ikkoku
- Numerous suitors from nearly all European nations sent ambassadors to English court to put forward their suit. - House of Tudor
- To deflect blame for the failure, Mireau decides to court martial 100 of the soldiers for cowardice. - Paths of Glory
- " The whole court rises and looks expectantly at the witness entrance door, only for nothing to happen. - The Spanish Inquisition (Monty Python)
- This causes much consternation to Prince John and his court who now fear the imminent return of King Richard. - Ivanhoe
- later goes to visit the court again, although he has not been summoned, and finds that it is not in session. - The Trial
- This antagonism may have triggered the famous quarrel between De Vere and Sidney on the tennis court at Whitehall. - Edward de Vere, 17th Earl of Oxford
- Tisdall is assigned an incompetent barrister, and is taken into court for his formal arraignment. - Young and Innocent
Meaning of "court" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "court" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "court" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "court"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word court below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.