How to use "covetous" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "covetous" in popular movie and book plots
- Qamar has been a care-free person getting into trouble for his innocent misdeeds and basically a source of worry for his two covetous brothers. - Char Dervesh
- Prince Vladimir (Stevens), a covetous member of the royal family of a small principality, makes an attempt to obtain the fund Hawthorne has on in order to purchase the army of Augustus III (Brower), whom he seeks to depose. - Hawthorne of the U.S.A.
- England is at peace, but a covetous George continues his plotting to undermine Edward's rule. - The White Queen (novel)
- The mayor is especially covetous of the inn belonging to Gillian, with whom Lionel begins a rocky friendship. - The Cat Who Wished to Be a Man
Meaning of "covetous" in English
- immoderately desirous of acquiring e.g. wealth
- casting covetous eyes on his neighbor's fields
- a grasping old miser
- grasping commercialism
- greedy for money and power
- grew richer and greedier
- prehensile employers stingy with raises for their employees
- showing extreme cupidity; painfully desirous of another's advantages
- jealous of his success and covetous of his possessions
- envious of their art collection
Meaning of "covetous" in Hindi
- लालची ( Lalachi, laalachee)
- लोभी ( Lobhi, lobhee)
- लोलुप ( Lolup)
Synonyms of "covetous"
Discuss anything about the word covetous below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.