How to use "coy" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "coy" in popular movie and book plots
- As Peter rejoins them remaining coy about his activities, the device successfully clears the rubble. - Five-Twenty-Ten
- Gunlöd is coy but reveals that she secretly believes in the Christian god that her pagan father hates. - The Outlaw (play)
- Pooja, on the other hand, is the typical coy girl, and her mother’s pet. - Colours (film)
- At first Ek is very coy about his intentions. - The Attic Expeditions
- Julie, who is still being coy about her crush on him and giving him the cold shoulder, says that she’ll do it for $15 an hour. - Nice She Ain't
- After trying unsuccessfully to seduce Anita, Magnus is coy about why the Bouviers refuse to sell their land. - Bloody Bones (novel)
- A woman tears apart her dress in a dramatic manner, then starts a coy striptease. - Glen or Glenda
Meaning of "coy" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "coy" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "coy" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "coy"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word coy below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.