How to use "coyly" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "coyly" in popular movie and book plots
- Scott asks what Ramsey told his boss to get his job back, and she coyly responds that he probably doesn't want to know. - Best Man Down
- Julia coyly says to Willie that she was waiting for the right man to come along. - All the King's Horses (play)
- She coyly dodges the question. - Dicen que soy mujeriego
- Woody coyly lifts his skirt to display the shapely limbs. - Stage Hoax
- After she coyly compliments his "cool" behavior at the airport, Byul gives Joon-soo a quick kiss before running off. - Baby and I
- On a shopping spree, Irène meets up with Jean and coyly offers him the euro for "10 more seconds". - Priceless (2006 film)
- When he asks if she still loves her husband, she answers in Czech, "Miluju tebe", but coyly declines to translate. - Once (film)
- Mae coyly says, "She's back". - Bring Back Birdie
- "Do we coyly reveal the fact that your play on which the book was founded has already been made into a picture three times. - French Leave (novel)
- Buffy tells Spike coyly that Faith is still sleeping in her room. - Chosen (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
- As she pretends to fall in love with him, she coyly asks "Is either of your two houses nearby. - Nighty Night
- James departs to purchase a ring, and John accompanies him, after coyly suggested marriage to the oblivious Catherine, which she declines. - Northanger Abbey
- Alex coyly feigns illness to his parents to stay out of school the next day. - A Clockwork Orange (novel)
Meaning of "coyly" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "coyly" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "coyly" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "coyly"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word coyly below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.