How to use "cruelty" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "cruelty" in popular movie and book plots
- By now, Jane has descended into alcoholism and mental illness, and treats Blanche with cruelty to punish her for stealing her spotlight. - What Ever Happened to Baby Jane? (1962 film)
- She also sees a vision of human suffering and cruelty in this version of her story. - A Maggot
- The Simpsons take Duncan home after his sleazy owner is accused of animal cruelty and flees. - Saddlesore Galactica
- The donkey has several owners, most of whom exploit him, often with more cruelty than kindness. - Au Hasard Balthazar
- His words so deeply touch Laxmi that she realises her cruelty has been directed at the only son who all along had ever loved her. - Beta (film)
- However, his plan was thwarted by his youngest daughter, Shinobu, who saw her father’s cruelty and had him frozen by his own robotic minions. - W.I.T.C.H.
- Well aware of the Rivington men's cruelty and treason, the Confederates spare him from any harm. - The Guns of the South
- Good creatures living in misery, hunger, and slavery under the tyrannical cruelty of the wildcat Queen, Tsarmina. - Mossflower
- Caroline, reassured that Amyas had no intention of leaving her, was distressed at such cruelty to Elsa. - Five Little Pigs
- As Raj descends deeper into opium addiction, sexual cruelty and debauchery, he becomes irresponsible with his duties as king. - Kama Sutra: A Tale of Love
- He says that the cruelty of society makes human beings moan about pain only to spread their suffering to others. - Notes from Underground
- Karin's own capacity for cruelty emerges while the two drink gin and tonic together. - The Bitter Tears of Petra von Kant
- Claude-Henri's cruelty and insensitivity take their toll on Roxy, and she attempts suicide in late pregnancy. - Le Divorce
- Along the way, he meets with many hardships and recounts many tales of cruelty and kindness. - Black Beauty
- The witch-queen then leaves them forever, fearful of the cruelty her sisters will inflict upon her for failing. - Stardust (novel)
- Paul is unsure how to help John, but John tells him not to worry, as he is ready to die anyway, wanting to escape the cruelty of the world. - The Green Mile (novel)
Meaning of "cruelty" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "cruelty" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "cruelty" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "cruelty"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word cruelty below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.