How to use "cryptic" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "cryptic" in popular movie and book plots
- The lovers part on the novel's final page with a cryptic exclamation from Kate: "We shall never be again as we were. - The Wings of the Dove
- They are interrupted by a young girl holding a distinctive box, singing a cryptic rhyme about "The Gentlemen". - Hush (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
- After he finds a cryptic note in Takayama's stomach, Reiko and Yōichi also turn up dead. - Rasen
- She receives a cryptic message telling her to go to Radio City Music Hall. - Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow
- They travel to Neptune space, following a cryptic message left by Schön. - Macroscope (novel)
- A badly-wounded Captain Ryan, the only survivor, makes cryptic references to what attacked them. - Dog Soldiers (film)
- Another British agent that was following these Germans left a cryptic message on his deathbed: "N or Song Susie". - N or M?
- She is buried at Blithedale and given a simple funeral, at which Westervelt makes a last cryptic appearance and declares her suicide foolish. - The Blithedale Romance
- Marlowe gets home to find a cryptic note from Lennox containing a "portrait of Madison" (a $5,000 bill). - The Long Goodbye (novel)
- She speaks to a dragon who delivers a cryptic message that the dragons are angry that men have stolen part of their land in the furthest west. - The Other Wind
- Nordberg provides cryptic clues, including a picture of Ludwig's ship on which the deal had been organized. - The Naked Gun: From the Files of Police Squad!
- As the story progresses, it becomes clear that San Lorenzo society is more bizarre and cryptic than originally revealed. - Cat's Cradle
- The woman also informs John of a cryptic clue: the secret of Screwface's power is that he has two heads and four eyes. - Marked for Death
- After decoding, the message contains only the cryptic statement: "Mars. - Mars Needs Women
- He believes something is wrong with the world and is puzzled by repeated online encounters with the cryptic phrase "the Matrix". - The Matrix
- The film begins with a narrator, called The Scientist (Bela Lugosi), making cryptic comments about humanity. - Glen or Glenda
Meaning of "cryptic" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "cryptic" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "cryptic" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "cryptic"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word cryptic below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.