How to use "curtail" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "curtail" in popular movie and book plots
- Some days later Sukumaran finds his wife conceived but feels shame for the early pregnancy and also thinks that it will curtail their freedom. - Avidathepole Ivideyum
- His father is a well-regarded doctor who does his best to curtail his son's flying. - The Man Who Found Himself
- Bill eventually dies in his studio and Violet attempts to curtail her grief by cleaning manically. - What I Loved
- Cronin (Robert Middleton) wants to curtail the romance and shut down a popular local college teen hangout. - For Those Who Think Young (film)
- Scouting parties of Vasin manage to reach the curtail wall that Pedi told them about and discover a very large fortress. - March to the Stars
- However, Gabriel and Shamron also recognize that Lev seeks to control and curtail their secret operations. - Prince of Fire
- Together, they curtail the efforts of less deserving species from making any major breakthroughs with time travel technology. - Gallifrey: Weapon of Choice
- In an attempt to curtail their strength, the Akitsu Navy begin mounting an attack to overthrow the puppet government. - Jet Impulse
- Sir Roger is a chronic drunkard and Doctor Thorne tries in vain to get him to curtail his drinking. - Doctor Thorne
- Bixby is outraged at the loss, knowing it will hurt his career and curtail his ambitions. - Twilight of Honor
Meaning of "curtail" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "curtail" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "curtail" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "curtail"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word curtail below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.