How to use "curtain" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "curtain" in popular movie and book plots
- He pulls back the curtain and goes in. - The Approach to Al-Mu'tasim
- Swanhilda also finds Coppélia behind a curtain and discovers that she, too, is a doll. - Coppélia
- Van Helsing tears open the curtain to let in the sunlight and, forming a cross of candlesticks, he forces Dracula into it. - Dracula (1958 film)
- just before the curtain rises, with plans to make an impassioned plea to Kate to take him back. - The Tall Guy
- The curtain call is accompanied by a final number set to a verse of Green Eggs and Ham. - Seussical
- The effigy produces a shadow on the curtain that, when viewed from outside, is the unmistakable profile of Sherlock Holmes. - The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone
- All their hiding was for nothing because as the curtain rises, they are seen kissing by everyone. - Love Actually
- There is a long silence as the two stare at each other before the curtain comes down. - The Dumb Waiter
- She hides behind a curtain when her husband unexpectedly storms into the Hillcrist home, demanding to know the secret. - The Skin Game (1931 film)
- The curtain opens with the chorus number "Sur la Plage". - The Boy Friend (musical)
- Ning holds on to a curtain to shield the urn from sunlight as he has a final conversation with Nip. - A Chinese Ghost Story
- She remembers somebody is behind the curtain and pulls it away to see Paul. - Lili
- Jinx secretly enters NASA's computer room and triggers a "thermal curtain failure", causing one of the boosters to ignite during the test. - SpaceCamp
- After the curtain closes, Satine succumbs to tuberculosis. - Moulin Rouge!
- A red curtain with the words "The End" then falls on the magician and the rabbits (at the end of the Hawaiian singer shtick). - Magical Maestro
- At her curtain call, Terry gives a speech in tribute to her dead friend, and Terry and Jean are reconciled. - Stage Door
Meaning of "curtain" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "curtain" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "curtain" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "curtain"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word curtain below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.