How to use "curtly" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "curtly" in popular movie and book plots
- Sue tells Santana that she really wants to attend her wedding but Santana again curtly rejects her. - A Wedding (Glee)
- She curtly replies that she isn't, and telling lies is bad. - Bombay Talkies (film)
- When he gets to Chimayo, he is accosted by Clark, and curtly refuses any interviews. - Monster (1980 film)
- Betty curtly tells Don to have the kids back by 9. - Public Relations (Mad Men)
- One day Toby leads her to believe he is about to propose to her, before instead curtly insulting and breaking up with her. - Somehow, Satan Got Behind Me
- But she curtly refuses her consent on grounds that the two are wayward drunkards. - Annayya (2000 film)
- He is happy because he thinks the curtly worded telegram meant it was for himself. - Portuguese Irregular Verbs
- He gives the money to Reeves but keeps the artwork for himself, curtly informing Reeves that their partnership is over. - Ripley's Game (film)
- Eloise curtly rebuffs her employee and denies the request. - Uncle Wiggily in Connecticut
- When Pat finds Peter and Brian in the forbidden room, he curtly ejects them from the brewery. - Wasted Talent
- He is sent in to meet the warden (Patrick McGoohan), who curtly informs him that no one has ever escaped from Alcatraz and no one ever will. - Escape from Alcatraz (film)
- Herr Knopp, head of the local Gestapo, arrives and curtly dismisses the officer. - Swing Kids (film)
- Cassie sleeps with Sam early on—as she has with previous partners—but won't let him see her chest, and curtly sends him home afterward. - Murder by Numbers
- When Riker concedes confusion, she curtly informs him that "if you're still confused tomorrow, you know where my office is". - Conundrum (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
- She curtly explains that the virus spreads through blood and saliva and overwhelms its victims in 10 to 20 seconds. - 28 Days Later
- ", with Queen Aeoleon curtly responding, "I thought you were the King. - Coming to America
Meaning of "curtly" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "curtly" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "curtly" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "curtly"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word curtly below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.