How to use "cynical" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "cynical" in popular movie and book plots
- The story centers on Richard Dees, a deeply cynical reporter from a trashy supermarket tabloid called Inside View. - The Night Flier
- Guu goes from being silent to being extremely cynical and sarcastic towards Hare and the others. - Haré+Guu
- She leaves unknowing of his cynical intentions. - Monsieur Verdoux
- The initially cynical seminary director, the abbé Pirard likes Julien and becomes his protector. - The Red and the Black
- Unlike his forefather, he is both dashing and intelligent, although he is still scheming and cynical in his outlook. - Blackadder II
- The last chapter reflects on the wisdom and ideals of Coverdale, now cynical about his purpose in life. - The Blithedale Romance
- He finds a job at the post office and meets white men who share his cynical view of the world and religion in particular. - Black Boy
- The government's position is considered both cynical and heretical by many of the orthodox frontier community. - The Chrysalids
- Doug, suspicious and cynical at first, bonds with Baggs, who devotes his free time to the kid and even gets his teeth fixed. - Cinderella Liberty
- The other astronaut, Conrad, has a more cynical view of human interplanetary nature. - People Are Alike All Over
- "Tiger" (Hans Christian Blech), a cynical older thief and ex-circus worker, is willing to work for the winning side. - Decision Before Dawn
- They introduce Nick to Jordan Baker, an attractive, cynical young golfer with whom Nick begins a romantic relationship. - The Great Gatsby
- Cedar gives his cynical troubleshooter, ex-newspaperman Cornelius Cobb (Lionel Stander), the task of keeping reporters away from Deeds. - Mr. Deeds Goes to Town
- Clark was told it was a present for the captain, but is far too cynical to be taken in. - Podkayne of Mars
- Upon spending time with the other officers, he finds them to be cynical and utilitarian. - Death of a Hero
- Benjamin, the cynical donkey who "could read as well as any pig", notices that the van belongs to a knacker and attempts a futile rescue. - Animal Farm
Meaning of "cynical" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "cynical" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "cynical" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "cynical"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word cynical below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.