How to use "dark" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "dark" in popular movie and book plots
- Zhaan is forced to bring up the dark side she had worked to suppress. - Farscape
- As a vortex forms in dark clouds above his house, Donnie drives into the hills and watches as an airplane descends from above. - Donnie Darko
- Palpatine tantalizes Anakin with secret knowledge of the dark side of the Force, including the power to save his loved ones from dying. - Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith
- Instead they stumble into a dark void that Jadis recognizes as a world not yet created. - The Magician's Nephew
- Treno, a large, perpetually dark city, heavily populated by both aristocrats and paupers, is located on the southeast part of the continent. - Final Fantasy IX
- The main character, Cecil Harvey, is a dark knight and the captain of the Red Wings, an elite air force unit of the kingdom of Baron. - Final Fantasy IV
- Obi-Wan tells Luke that Vader was his former pupil who turned to the dark side of the Force and killed Anakin. - Star Wars (film)
- Surrendering to Imperial troops, Luke is brought to Vader and unsuccessfully tries to convince him to turn from the dark side of the Force. - Return of the Jedi
- He and his family inevitably experience dark and violent events through which the characters change and grow. - The World According to Garp
- The Leonov crew flees Jupiter as a mysterious dark spot appears on Jupiter and begins to grow. - 2010: Odyssey Two
- He is condemned to death, whereupon he faints and later awakens to find himself in a totally dark room. - The Pit and the Pendulum
- Cooper tries to discover the origin and whereabouts of Bob, and learns more about the mysteries of the dark woods surrounding Twin Peaks. - Twin Peaks
- He becomes a monster under the control of the hotel, succumbing to his dark side. - The Shining (novel)
- The latter is inspired by several dark fantasy influences, most notably that of Lovecraft. - Quake (video game)
- His eyes are bloodshot, and his mood is dark and violent. - Gone with the Wind (novel)
- The elevator doors open on the figure of a tall, blond woman in dark sunglasses wielding a straight razor. - Dressed to Kill (1980 film)
Meaning of "dark" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "dark" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "dark" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "dark"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word dark below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.