How to use "de facto" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "de facto" in popular movie and book plots
- Michael Canaris, Hatcher's right-hand man, quarantines him and takes his place as de facto Prime Minister. - Doomsday (2008 film)
- ", he accepts it as a de facto victory and one of the few times his baseball team has won a game. - It's Arbor Day, Charlie Brown
- At the same time, Vitti is told by de facto boss Patti LoPresti that the Rigazzi family wants him dead. - Analyze That
- Chopra, who has been waiting for such chance, usurps Sharma's company and becomes its de facto owner. - Baazigar
- Note that 38 peaks are on de facto borders and two (Jongsong Peak and Sia Kangri) are on tripoints. - List of highest mountains on Earth
- Upon finding out about the letter, which was a de facto "declaration of war against China",S. - The Kremlin Letter
- Siding with the peasant revolutionaries, Carruthers becomes the leader of the operation and thus the de facto leader of the peasants. - The Dark Frontier
- The eponymous Donkey Kong character is the game's de facto villain. - Donkey Kong (video game)
- The doctor's wife is the de facto leader of their small group, although in the end she often serves their disabled needs. - Blindness (novel)
- In the de facto series finale (the series was canceled after the conclusion of the season), Amy quits the judiciary to run for theS. - Judging Amy
- Nell, the de facto leader of the Orange Star COs, gives the player the duty of a tactical adviser for the Orange Star Army. - Advance Wars
- Sam is the unacknowledged yet de facto mentor to the boy since childhood, and has always treated Hally as his nephew/ward. - "Master Harold"...and the Boys
- She reminisces about her friend Buddy, whom she has dated more or less seriously, and who considers himself her de facto fiancé. - The Bell Jar
- Max and Bradley, as de facto leaders of their groups, arrange a bet that whoever loses in the finals will be towel-boy to the other. - An Extremely Goofy Movie
- They start recruiting others for the long haul and Rod becomes the de facto leader of a community that eventually grows to around 75 people. - Tunnel in the Sky
- In parallel with this, the government has become a de facto oligarchy whose beneficiaries are members of organised crime. - The Shockwave Rider
Meaning of "de facto" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "de facto" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "de facto" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "de facto"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word de facto below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.