How to use "decade" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "decade" in popular movie and book plots
- He was also known to Ross as having been one of the leading candidates to play Batman a decade earlier, but instead Adam West was signed. - Wonder Woman (TV series)
- A decade after the events of the first film, dr Arthur Neuman is giving a tour of the hall of Norse mythology in Edge City Museum. - Son of the Mask
- The story moves forward a decade into the future, to the time of the Great Leap Forward. - To Live (1994 film)
- The basic plot of The Reivers takes place in the first decade of the 20th century. - The Reivers
- A decade and a half later, Raj returns to India for a short vacation. - Mujhse Dosti Karoge!
- The embarrassed Taylor admits that he had lost his fortune a decade ago. - The Silence (The Twilight Zone)
- It is revealed that Elyon is Prince Phobos’s younger sister who had disappeared from Meridian more than a decade ago. - W.I.T.C.H.
- About a decade later, Salvatore, now in high school, is still operating the projector at the Cinema Paradiso. - Cinema Paradiso
- The second series, rather than using a decade jump between stories as in the original, takes jumps of 11 years. - Superman & Batman: Generations
- However, the fifth war has started prematurely, with the most recent concluding less than a decade ago. - Fate/stay night
- Anxious to wed Nina, Adam agrees, and the horse wins at odds of 33–1, but it takes him more than a decade to collect his winnings. - Bright Young Things (film)
- Circle of the Moons protagonist, however, is Nathan Graves, whose parents died a decade ago to banish Dracula. - Castlevania: Circle of the Moon
- Jack cuts off the head of the duc to avenge Eliza, whom the duc had enslaved over a decade earlier. - The Confusion
- The site itself remained, however, and over the following decade rumors of evil presence there persisted. - The Temple of Elemental Evil
- Prince Lestat (2014) rejoins the remaining vampires a decade later as Lestat faces pressure to lead them. - The Vampire Chronicles
- In 1903 – about a decade later – a well-dressed, beardless, but older-looking Averill walks the deck of his yacht off Newport, Rhode Island. - Heaven's Gate (film)
Meaning of "decade" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "decade" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "decade" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "decade"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word decade below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.