How to use "deceive" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "deceive" in popular movie and book plots
- Truitonne conspires with her fairy godmother, Mazilla, but Mazilla tells her it will be difficult to deceive the Prince. - The Blue Bird (fairy tale)
- Suppressing his distress, he manages to deceive her. - Under Western Eyes (novel)
- At the hive, Leela paints Bender like a bee to deceive the real bees while she and Fry collect the honey. - The Sting (Futurama)
- Jodhaa replies that it would deceive Akbar and would be death to their kingdom if he finds out. - Jodhaa Akbar
- He is overjoyed, and assumes that Rocky made a mistake, not being aware that Rocky is in fact trying to deceive him. - Deewane Huye Paagal
- Antichrist sends scores of false messiahs and false teachers to deceive as many people as possible. - The Remnant (novel)
- Ernie is unable to fool the General's wife, Lady Margaret (Dana Wynter), but he is able to deceive the officers at a regimental party. - On the Double (film)
- Graham's dishonesty becomes evident to the doctor, who can see that Graham is trying to deceive him. - The Young Poisoner's Handbook
- Ernesto used his love of magic tricks to deceive and terrorize his passengers. - Cruise of Deception
- There, the Aparoid Queen uses the voices of Peppy, Pepper, Pigma and James to deceive them into joining her. - Star Fox: Assault
- Once there, he finds the false Enterprise that was built to deceive Kirk. - The Mark of Gideon
- Aware that Garret is interested in prospecting, Swearengen and Farnum deceive him into purchasing a gold claim in a confidence game. - Deadwood (TV series)
- Myra impersonates a nurse to deceive the girl into believing she is hospitalised. - Séance on a Wet Afternoon
- He had hidden behind the persona of a dull, slow-witted fop to deceive the world. - The Scarlet Pimpernel
- She pretends to have been toying with him to deceive her uncle. - Naughty Marietta (film)
- Disraeli was not fooled; he has hired Foljambe as his personal government secretary, the better to deceive him. - Disraeli (1929 film)
Meaning of "deceive" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "deceive" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "deceive" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "deceive"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word deceive below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.