How to use "decency" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "decency" in popular movie and book plots
- However Mamie's good nature and decency are gradually acknowledged, and she triumphs in the end. - You Live and Learn
- There, they desperately attempt to convince the death sphere that there is still some decency on Earth by performing a purity chant. - In-A-Gadda-Da-Leela
- His only hope of any decency lies in his friendship with the town's saloon singer and whore, Hanna. - Whity (film)
- She is immediately confronted by her mother for having sold her decency and self-respect for success and money. - Return to Peyton Place (film)
- Robin appeals to whatever decency she has left, imploring her to release Aunt Harriet from her being suspended over a tub of flaming oil. - A Death Worse Than Fate
- H demands that Brody bring the children back in, because her decency will give him the moral approval that he needs to do the "unthinkable". - Unthinkable
- Saraswati’s parents too are impressed by Kedar’s decency and simplicity; she softens up to Kedar. - Dadar Kirti
- Gradually, however, Felkin, and Connie, become reformed by the decency and humanity of the Linder family. - The Raging Tide
- Ricardo’s kindness and decency cause Maria Isabel to fall in love with him, though she keeps it a secret for many years. - María Isabel (1997 telenovela)
- However, Ruth accuses him of being scared and accuses him of not having the decency to come clean when breaking up with a woman. - Catch-22 (Lost)
- Along the way, Max discovers his innate decency towards all three of his subjects, the fact that he really wasn't so bad all along. - The Devil and Max Devlin
- Milay is outraged, mainly because Gerald didn't have the decency to come to their own son's funeral. - Meet the Browns (play)
- The final one, Pollexfen, pursues Byron vigorously, which causes her to criticise him over a lack of morals and decency of character. - The History of Sir Charles Grandison
- The wild, eccentric Rimbaud displays no sense of manners or decency whatsoever, scandalising Verlaine's pretentious, bourgeois in-laws. - Total Eclipse (film)
- Comparing the two, the Melbourne press surmised: "Undoubtedly Wills throws sometimes, but there is some decency about it, some disguise". - Tom Wills
- With some degree of decency restored, Lydia visits Elizabeth and tells her that Mr Darcy was at the wedding. - Pride and Prejudice
Meaning of "decency" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "decency" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "decency" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "decency"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word decency below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.