How to use "decree" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "decree" in popular movie and book plots
- Orchid gets a chance to better her life when Emperor Hsien Feng issues a decree stating that he is looking for "future mates". - Empress Orchid
- While fighting, they are interrupted by the Guards of the Cardinal, who are enforcing the King's decree banning duels. - The Three Musketeers Anime
- In response a decree is issued that if anyone speaks out of turn again, which Danton has done repeatedly, they will be removed from court. - Danton (1983 film)
- Fusu, the Crown Prince of the Qin Empire, is ordered to commit suicide according to an imperial decree by his father, the First Emperor. - Prince of Qin (video game)
- As punishment for this sin, the gods decree that he will roam the earth as a lion until he can right his wrong. - The Soul's Cycle
- Soon thereafter, a decree was forged in the duke's name to order the death of General Zhao Shuo, the son of Zhao Dun. - The Orphan of Zhao
- At the club meeting, which are disguised as geology discussions, girls vote on which boys to decree "pyrites". - Fool's Gold (comics)
- The next day the Holy Roman Emperor signs a royal decree declaring that the Jews must leave the city before the new moon. - The Golem: How He Came into the World
- Much to Elaine's outrage, this leads Newman to decree the bike should be Kramer's. - The Seven
- South Carolina leaders prohibited slaveholders from freeing their slaves without a special decree from the state legislature. - Antebellum South Carolina
- A court decree orders Joe to be destroyed, and Jill's pleas to save him are denied. - Mighty Joe Young (1949 film)
- They promulgate a decree that all rebels and anyone who helps them will be executed. - Ninety-Three
- This causes an annoyed Doug to decree that no more clones of him/them be created. - Multiplicity (film)
- The government of Milan is unable to keep bread prices down by decree and the city is swamped by beggars. - The Betrothed (Manzoni novel)
- For example, Seldon suggests a decree that erases terrorists' names from records, denying them immortality, discouraging chaotic actions. - Foundation's Fear
- A decree made by the leader the Third Hokage forbids anyone mentioning the Nine-Tails to anyone else. - Naruto
Meaning of "decree" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "decree" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "decree" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "decree"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word decree below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.