How to use "decrepit" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "decrepit" in popular movie and book plots
- Musk leads an assault on a factory, which results in heavy casualties and the survivors being surrounded in a decrepit building. - Stalingrad (1993 film)
- Now living alone in a decrepit house, he has casual weekly sex with an anonymous woman (Fox), whose name he doesn't know. - Intimacy (film)
- He then uses the Time gem taken from the Gardener to turn the Runner first into an extremely old and decrepit man, and then into an infant. - The Thanos Quest
- In the kitchen live Kvashnya (Dough), a vendor of meat pies, the decrepit Baron, and the streetwalker Nastya. - The Lower Depths
- 10-year-old Michael and his family have recently moved into a decrepit house on Falconer Road. - Skellig
- In exchange, she will provide enough money to revitalize the decrepit town. - The Visit (play)
- Some years later, Peg Boggs, a local Avon door-to-door saleswoman, visits the decrepit Gothic mansion on the hill where Edward lives. - Edward Scissorhands
- Eventually, Johnny ends up in a decrepit opera hall, where the worst of tortures are taking place. - Haunted Castle (2001 film)
- They determine that their goal lies inside a decayed and decrepit industrial building. - Stalker (1979 film)
- A pair of truck drivers, the experienced Gorō and a younger sidekick named Gun, stop at a decrepit roadside ramen noodle shop. - Tampopo
- She rapidly ages and Mordred kills her, repulsed by the sight of his once beautiful mother now reduced to a decrepit old crone. - Excalibur (film)
- The local aristocrat and his decrepit wife raise a toast to the dying flames. - Amarcord
- After church, Dilsey allows her grandson Luster to drive Benjy in the family's decrepit horse and carriage to the graveyard. - The Sound and the Fury
- At Calais, Percy openly approaches Chauvelin in the Chat gris, a decrepit inn whose owner is in Percy's pay. - The Scarlet Pimpernel
- At the same time, administrators must deal with a protest against the hospital's annexation of an adjacent and decrepit apartment building. - The Hospital
- Almásy retrieves Katharine's body from the Cave and, while flying back, the decrepit plane leaks oil onto him and both of them catch fire. - The English Patient
Meaning of "decrepit" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "decrepit" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "decrepit" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "decrepit"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word decrepit below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.