How to use "defendant" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "defendant" in popular movie and book plots
- But Kirk note that the defendant calling himself Khan, looks nothing like the records of Khan Noonien Singn and ask him who him really is. - Star Trek: Khan
- As the trial proceeds, witnesses begin to realize that it was Mark, the attorney, and not the defendant who was in the hallway that night. - A Night of Adventure
- She reveals that she was once married to the defendant and concealed the fact to protect their son Rusty. - Smart Woman (1948 film)
- attorney all make her a sympathetic defendant in the eyes of the FBI, the police administration, and the federal and local Attorney's Offices. - Self Defense (Homicide: Life on the Street)
- When the judge orders the bailiff to restrain her, the defendant slashes the bailiff's throat with a concealed weapon. - Certain Fury
- Later, he was assigned to judge a case where the defendant was the same man who took his girlfriend from him. - Three Colours: Red
- In 1984, Negron is the defendant in a court proceeding, facing a life sentence for his killing of Rodolfo. - Miracle at St. Anna
- Aarthi Chinnappa (Lakshmi Rai) is appointed as a defendant lawyer to the culprit Gautham. - Dhaam Dhoom
- In every case, the defendant is revealed to be, as his first name states, innocent. - Manalive
- Ben, the defense lawyer, asked QingLing, the witness, why she was so sure the defendant was guilty. - Survivor's Law
- He tricks the mother of a young defendant into giving him the bail money for her son. - Vengeance Is Mine (1979 film)
- Defense lawyers, meanwhile, argue that the defendant is not guilty by reason of insanity. - Rampage (1987 film)
- He argues the defendant must be found guilty for even striking Claggart, Budd's superior, not to mention killing him. - Billy Budd (film)
- The defendant is charged with murdering his wife when she refused to grant him a divorce. - Perfect Strangers (1950 film)
- The defendant is Pynex, a tobacco company. - The Runaway Jury
- learns that, to Titorelli's knowledge, not a single defendant has ever been acquitted. - The Trial
Meaning of "defendant" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "defendant" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "defendant" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "defendant"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word defendant below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.