How to use "defer" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "defer" in popular movie and book plots
- During the trial, Giordan attempts to defer all blame to Jerzy, but the maiar and Darian are intent on finding Giordan guilty. - Flesh and Fire
- When Lane protests cutting the bonuses entirely, the other partners agree to give bonuses only to the staff and defer their own. - Christmas Waltz (Mad Men)
- She is shocked and disappointed when the servants do not defer to her as they did in India. - The Secret Garden (1987 film)
- Rothstein asks to defer payment until the next day. - Boardwalk Empire (episode)
- The soldiers defer to the ranking Marine, Sgt. - The Walking Dead (1995 film)
- Unable to answer, as they did not collect the items, they try to defer the answer by changing subjects. - Aankhen (2002 film)
- Amy decides to defer her first semester at Princeton, so that she can help take care of her mother while she convalesces. - Everwood
- Oriana and Amadís defer their marriage for many years due to enmity between Amadís and Oriana's father Lisuarte. - Amadís de Gaula
Meaning of "defer" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "defer" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "defer" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "defer"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word defer below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.