How to use "delirious" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "delirious" in popular movie and book plots
- While there was no slippage, Badri, delirious with illness, inputted the incorrect code, resulting in her being sent then instead. - Doomsday Book (novel)
- Marlowe comes to when, in a delirious state, he sees a young woman shine a flashlight on his face and run away. - Murder, My Sweet
- He is delirious and is cared for by Jesse and Allan, but at night, his pursuers return and kill him. - Allan Quatermain and the Lost City of Gold
- While in this delirious state, he makes a mental connection to two children in a nearby apartment—Sybelle and Benji. - The Vampire Armand
- The book ends with the couple reunited, in a state of "passionate love and delirious happiness". - Beyond the Rocks
- Due to the stuffy atmosphere and vapors in the dark and cramped hold, Pym becomes increasingly comatose and delirious over the days. - The Narrative of Arthur Gordon Pym of Nantucket
- Too delirious to be taken seriously by the drowsing survivors, Gus is coaxed overboard by Willi and drowns. - Lifeboat (film)
- The ensuing squabble builds into a delirious domestic fit. - Amarcord
- Joe doles out the small supply of fresh water to her, while he gradually becomes delirious from thirst. - Joe Versus the Volcano
- Will's delirious talk led Jim to find Deacon's body in the bell-chamber on 2 January. - The Nine Tailors
- That evening, on her deathbed, Grandma becomes delirious and believes that Billy is her son, not her actual son, Chris. - Long Distance Call
- Luzhin, however, calls on Raskolnikov while he is in a delirious state and presents himself as a foolish, self-righteous and presumptuous man. - Crime and Punishment
- Later, Kemp passes out on the trail and awakes from a delirious nightmare. - The Naked Spur
- After the Germans leave, Samuel becomes delirious with fever and soon dies. - The African Queen (film)
- Finding him in a delirious state, she vows to look after him and spends the night on his couch. - The Lost Weekend (film)
- Inside is a delirious Bill Carson, who promises Tuco $200,000 in Confederate gold, buried in a grave in Sad Hill Cemetery. - The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
Meaning of "delirious" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "delirious" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "delirious" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "delirious"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word delirious below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.