How to use "demise" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "demise" in popular movie and book plots
- Jack asks for the aid of his childhood idol and local hero John Slade (Bernie Casey) in planning the demise of mr Big’s empire. - I'm Gonna Git You Sucka
- Jane disagrees and feels the demise of men to be a terrible blow. - Consider Her Ways
- The Toa Nuva followed the Bohrok-Kal back into the nests, where they witnessed the Exo-Toa's demise at the magnetic shields of Gahlok-Kal. - Bionicle Chronicles
- The institution's demise is also referenced in the author's third novel, Cloud Atlas. - Ghostwritten
- Tarathiel, however, meets his demise at the hands of King Obould Many-Arrows. - The Lone Drow
- Chen is deeply saddened and traumatised by the sudden demise of his teacher. - Fist of Fury
- After the Oni mission Kato is revived by Kurono, and soon after Kurono meets his demise against the vampires. - Gantz
- Shortly after Hatsumomo's demise it is revealed dr Crab was actually bidding against the Baron, Mameha's danna, for Sayuri's mizuage. - Memoirs of a Geisha
- It is this sentience, Sylveste belatedly realises, that caused the demise of the Amarantin. - Revelation Space
- The Czech defector was a plant, engineered by Karla to provoke Control’s demise through Testify's failure and so protect the mole. - Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
- She links the rumor about her husband's demise to Ripley and asks Trevanny to tell her how, exactly, he has been making so much money. - Ripley's Game
- His demise during an auspicious festival would mean a period of mourning, which would ruin the festive plans and celebrations. - Ventilator (film)
- From another life" implying the demise of John Kelly and his transformation into John Clark. - Without Remorse
- Her demise is faked and a spy named Bob (Gabriel Byrne) informs her that she has to work for him. - Point of No Return (1993 film)
- The desperately poor villagers crowd around her hotel, impatiently waiting for her demise so they can steal her belongings. - Zorba the Greek (film)
- However, Collingridge – citing Harold Macmillan's political demise after the 1962 Night of the Long Knives – effects no changes at all. - House of Cards (UK TV series)
Meaning of "demise" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "demise" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "demise" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "demise"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word demise below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.