How to use "deprive" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "deprive" in popular movie and book plots
- As this could deprive him of his inheritance, he wants to destroy it but Adela will not permit this and the money goes to the rightful heir. - Demos (novel)
- Dottie begins to cry, disbelieving that the coin is real and thinking that this will deprive her of needed surgery. - Carib Gold
- He does not consider marrying another lady because he thinks that it might deprive his love for his son. - Maa Nannaku Pelli
- Problem arises when the government decides to construct a bridge on it which will deprive his earnings. - Xagoroloi Bohudoor
- Tracy and Jack point out that the African-American community has adopted the word to deprive it of its meaning. - The Break-Up (30 Rock)
- The latter conspires with her daughter Janice to drive Joan insane and deprive her of her rightful inheritance. - The Man in Black (film)
- Because of her pride, she does not want his money, but she also does not want to deprive her daughter of a comfortable lifestyle. - Millie (film)
- With Brilljard's help she manages to deprive him of his fortune. - Love-Letters Between a Nobleman and His Sister
- At a dinner party they learn that you cannot be charged with theft unless you intend to permanently deprive the owner of their property. - The Jokers
- The Mumby family return to live at Larklight, which they deprive of its otherworldly machinery. - Larklight
- Martin is troubled by the fact that he can treat Alan to take away his pain, but in the process, he will deprive the boy of his passion. - Equus (film)
- He subsequently changes the racetrack, sabotages the Werewolf Wagon, and has the Hunch Bunch deprive him of sleep but to no avail. - Scooby-Doo! and the Reluctant Werewolf
- They also intend to deprive Klaxon of the proceeds of the corrupt deal by dumping $6,000,000 in cash out of the tower's windows. - Nothing Lasts Forever (Thorp novel)
- The monster has killed Frankenstein's fiance, saying that if a mate was not made for him then he would deprive Frankenstein of his. - Frankenstein Unbound
- She taunts him and gives seemingly useless advice, stating that he "likes to deprive himself". - Jake's Women
- To deprive Browning of time to plan an ambush, Charlie and Lee call at Sheila's hotel several hours earlier than agreed. - The Killers (1964 film)
Meaning of "deprive" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "deprive" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "deprive" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "deprive"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word deprive below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.