How to use "deprived" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "deprived" in popular movie and book plots
- Rob Roy is arrested and the Clan McGregor is deprived of the right to use its name. - Rob Roy, the Highland Rogue
- From a Gain Ground flyer: A long period of peace has deprived the earthlings of their instinct to wage war. - Gain Ground
- This was because, deprived of their home surroundings, they had lost the idea of rational freedom. - Cancer Ward
- Ultimately Obelix returns to life; but as a child, and deprived of his strength. - Asterix and Obelix All at Sea
- Prosser wants to make sure that Earth is now ready to give the Dregocians their autonomy and human rights deprived of them for centuries. - Summit (The Outer Limits)
- Undermanned and deprived of Alliance support, Rogue Squadron resigns and goes rogue. - Star Wars: X-wing (book series)
- When she returns she cannot speak, and is thus deprived of her most potent tool to keep the men in line. - One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (novel)
- He is interrogated for two days by police until, deprived of sleep, he confesses. - Boomerang (1947 film)
- It is, however, a trap engineered by Grendel who knows the Doctor is the man who has deprived him of the throne. - The Androids of Tara
- Suddenly deprived of his friend, a depressed Bart resorts to playing with Maggie. - Homer Defined
- The scene shifts to Fontainebleau ("Come to Paris") where Cellini, deprived of Angela as a model/muse, has a bad case of "sculptor's block". - The Firebrand of Florence
- Johnny uses a dockside crane to capture Oscar, who is deprived of the stolen collection. - Short Circuit 2
- Unsurprisingly, this gives rise to rancorous comments and claims of unfairness from those who have been deprived of their riches. - Plutus (play)
- Traditional fantasy creatures inhabit Niven's Magic universe, but devolve to normal animals when deprived of mana. - The Magic Goes Away
- It is deprived enough for the poorer inhabitants to have kwashiorkor, or protein deprivation. - The Lathe of Heaven
- Johnnie, now a few years older, is deprived of the company of any children and finds the schooling of his tutor, Hansell, unfathomable. - The Lost Prince
Meaning of "deprived" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "deprived" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "deprived" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "deprived"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word deprived below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.