How to use "derelict" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "derelict" in popular movie and book plots
- They move into a derelict apartment, where Murdock helps her through heroin withdrawal while supporting them as a diner chef. - Born Again (comics)
- The trio find the missing train inside a derelict railway tunnel, underneath a supposedly haunted windmill. - Oh, Mr Porter!
- The final scene shows Larch, watching the sofa at a derelict train station in Canada while perched on a telephone pole. - Sisters (1973 film)
- Bok explains that he found the ship as a derelict and offers it to Picard for free. - The Battle (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
- Queenie takes on the task of transforming the derelict into a dowager. - Pocketful of Miracles
- A beggar and his son live in a derelict car, a Volkswagen Bug. - Dodes'ka-den
- The Neo humans travel to Zone 7, sheltering in a derelict castle, where they discover a robot army. - Casshern (film)
- Following this, he fights a gang of Satanic Latino occultists and perverted pedophiles called "The Innocentz" in a derelict shopping center. - Manhunt (video game)
- Sandii disappears, Fox is killed, and X retreats to the safest place he knows, the New Rose Hotel, a derelict capsule hotel. - New Rose Hotel (film)
- Afterwards, Max takes refuge on a derelict boat in an abandoned harbor, where Nicki appears to him on a television. - Videodrome
- At the station, April frees Adrian, the derelict Guardian, and escapes with Halloway in pursuit. - The Longest Journey
- On stardate 31419, the Federation starship USS Enterprise finds the derelict SS Botany Bay floating in space. - Space Seed
- Sam and two others search for penicillin in a derelict Russian cargo ship that drifted into Manhattan. - The Day After Tomorrow
- Kelly determines that the location of Tucker's heroin lab is on board a derelict ship. - Without Remorse
- After the truck becomes severely damaged from the chase, the two escape on foot to a nearby derelict factory by cutting through a lemon grove. - Cobra (1986 film)
- Convinced that it is the same jug, he buys it and journeys to the derelict airfield. - Twelve O'Clock High
Meaning of "derelict" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "derelict" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "derelict" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "derelict"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word derelict below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.