How to use "derision" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "derision" in popular movie and book plots
- But instead of earning the appreciation of the owner and community, Billy earns scorn and derision from the local Christians. - Mystery Walk (novel)
- Moray's position at the Bon Marche is a reference to Octave Mouret's derision and constant competition with the same. - The Paradise (TV series)
- Then Northrup insists he is in charge now and laughs in derision when the King claims the people are stronger than Northrup's army and navy. - The Royal Bed
- Todor, who is usually the target of nothing but derision and ridicule, is not only invited for the first time, but is made the guest of honor. - Then I Sentenced Them All to Death
- General Bogess' account of the battle is met initially with stunned silence and then derision and disbelief. - March to the Sea (novel)
- Masaru and Yuki commit to starting a family, while he joins a yakuza gang, to the derision of Akira. - The Warped Ones
- Porky enters the scene addresses in derision of Daffy, saying that Daffy and the decoy could never "mean anything to each other". - A Coy Decoy
- Pantsalot beats Bugs back twice, and destroys Bugs' lance on his third attempt with his shield, earning Bugs the derision of the crowd ("Hey. - Knights Must Fall
- Fogell's fake ID is met with derision by Seth and Evan, as it states that Fogell's name is simply "McLovin". - Superbad (film)
- A mr Nichols is assigned to draw the border between the two new countries, to the derision of an experienced administrator named Basham. - The Great Indian Novel
- Veda treats her with derision and makes it clear that she is ashamed of her mother. - Mildred Pierce (film)
- Tom meets Roxy with derision and Roxy tells him that he is her son, and uses this fact to blackmail him into financially supporting her. - Pudd'nhead Wilson
- He can't (at one and the same time), pretend to his students and fellow faculty; to stand for the derision of low morals. - The Blue Angel
- Their relationship is fiery and passionate, but it is the focus of gossip and derision throughout the kingdom. - Edward II (film)
- Luther and Nora find themselves the objects of derision and anxiously await their departure on Christmas Day. - Skipping Christmas
- Keyes suggested warning Lord Mordaunt, his wife's employer, to derision from Catesby. - Gunpowder Plot
Meaning of "derision" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "derision" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "derision" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "derision"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word derision below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.