How to use "derisively" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "derisively" in popular movie and book plots
- Miguel alternates between cynical advice and derisively ridiculing romantic notions of journalism. - Madrid, 1987
- Little Arliss chafes at having to attend school, and constantly gets into trouble with his teacher, whom he derisively calls "Old Hoot Owl". - Little Arliss
- This attracts further ire from the Dothraki, who derisively call the woman "maegi", a witch. - The Pointy End
- The girls are arrested, where they tell the whole story to Nisha, but she derisively brushes it off. - Bindhaast
- She was often derisively called the "Palmer Witch". - Chrystal Falls
- As a result, she is derisively called "Aid Kid". - Elizabeth Gail Dobbs
- " Victor is taken away in a police car, and as a student derisively asks, "Hey man, who the hell do you think you are. - The Principal
- Simon and Vallier attack and subdue Bilodeau, so that Simon can engage him in a derisively passionate kiss. - Lilies (film)
- When Nomi tells Cristal she dances at Cheetah's Topless Club, Cristal derisively tells her that what she does is akin to prostitution. - Showgirls
Meaning of "derisively" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "derisively" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "derisively" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "derisively"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word derisively below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.