How to use "derive" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "derive" in popular movie and book plots
- In the universe of Skyforge, gods derive their powers from their followers. - Skyforge
- Dean, wanting to derive some fun for himself with victims, is disappointed when he's not assigned. - The Entitled
- Lulu and Ayono are porn actresses who encounter issues that derive from working in that industry. - Love & Loathing & Lulu & Ayano
- They lead a simple life and derive happiness in whatever they do. - Naan Mahaan Alla (2010 film)
- Several days later, they start receiving letters from potential suitors and derive additional amusement from reading them out loud. - Do Not Fold, Spindle or Mutilate
- Jill arrives in time to withdraw Chuck's blood and derive the cure from it. - Chuck Versus the Ex
- The name Mao may derive from the Mandarin Chinese for cat, Māo. - Mio Mao
- The traffic signal includes a microcosm of people who derive their daily livelihoods from it. - Traffic Signal (film)
- Littlest, that night, decides she must touch the dog, seeking to derive fragments from him. - Gossamer (novel)
- The Ina are nocturnal, long-lived, and derive sustenance by drinking human blood. - Fledgling (novel)
- The Kurians derive their endless lifespans from draining the "vital aura" of other life forms. - Vampire Earth
- Thor is a cannibal, though his hunger appears to derive from a necessity to ingest a certain chemical found in the human brain. - Mind Ripper
- Slaver Lords derive their power from the psychic energy of other beings. - The Adventures of the Galaxy Rangers
- The Shroobs derive from the "Shroob planet" and are ruled by Princess Shroob, who is the primary antagonist. - Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time
- Those that love another spiritually derive many benefits from the relationship which continue down to old age (818). - Symposium (Xenophon)
- It is from this marriage that modern Dukes of Norfolk derive their surname of 'FitzAlan-Howard' and their seat in Arundel. - Thomas Howard, 4th Duke of Norfolk
Meaning of "derive" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "derive" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "derive" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "derive"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word derive below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.