How to use "describe" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "describe" in popular movie and book plots
- Dated 1934, they describe Knecht's childhood and education as a Swabian theologian. - The Glass Bead Game
- Others describe the first Roman circumnavigation of the world and unsuccessful attempts to conquer Nova Roma (Central America). - Roma Eterna
- Andrew uses, for the first time, the word "enjoy" to describe why he carves. - The Bicentennial Man
- Several patrons describe their own encounters with aggressive bird behavior. - The Birds (film)
- Aristotle was the first to use deus ex machina as a term to describe the technique as a device to resolve the plot of tragedies. - Deus ex machina
- Sid is soon driven to a police station and upon arrival is asked to describe what happened. - Sid and Nancy
- Wherever he goes, eyewitnesses describe him as looking like a gorilla. - Laughing Gas (novel)
- Ace and Joe have an argument during which Ace uses a racial slur to describe Katsumi. - Sayonara
- In addition to Sassoon's conflict, the opening chapters of the novel describe the suffering of other soldiers in the hospital. - Regeneration (novel)
- Carlton seeks to understand the nature of comedy and human laughter, and attempts to describe humor as a mathematical formula. - The Road to Mars
- While being asked to describe her victory, Mary announces the nonsense word "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious". - Mary Poppins (film)
- With his own views on theology, Lewis goes on to describe and discuss sex, love, pride, gluttony, and war in successive letters. - The Screwtape Letters
- He assigns them a 1,000-word essay, in which each must describe "who you think you are". - The Breakfast Club
- Then two chapters describe Stuart's participation in a model sailboat race in Central Park. - Stuart Little
- The term is also more loosely used to describe coming-of-age films and related works in other genres. - Bildungsroman
- She initially rebukes his claims, but is convinced that he is right when he is able to describe a recurring dream of hers in detail. - Buffy the Vampire Slayer (film)
Meaning of "describe" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "describe" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "describe" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "describe"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word describe below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.