How to use "desolate" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "desolate" in popular movie and book plots
- Bluto sails to Scab Island, a desolate island in the middle of the ocean, while Pappy argues with his son and rants about children ("Kids"). - Popeye (1980 film)
- With the death of his beloved wife and brother, Dr Ram becomes desolate and alcoholic. - Mrityudata
- The ship is now in a desolate void of nothingness. - The Immunity Syndrome (Star Trek: The Original Series)
- Charlie Brown is accidentally left behind by the bus while at a desolate rest stop. - Race for Your Life, Charlie Brown
- The desolate Orlando returns to writing The Oak Tree, a long poem started and abandoned in his youth. - Orlando: A Biography
- Shandalar forciblly teleports the party to a desolate Ice Island, ordering the player to retrieve his cloak for him at the island. - Baldur's Gate: Tales of the Sword Coast
- The next morning the scientists, clad in aviation oxygen masks due to the low pressure, begin exploring the desolate surface. - Rocketship X-M
- Next, Kiyomori imprisons Retired Emperor Go-Shirakawa in the desolate Seinan palace (1179). - The Tale of the Heike
- Sykes pursues and corners Harcourt onto a desolate drawbridge. - Alien Nation (film)
- In 1860, during the final years of the Tokugawa shogunate, a rōnin (masterless samurai) wanders through a desolate Japanese countryside. - Yojimbo (film)
- In reality, Cera is left alone and desolate in the trenches, still immobilized by the mine. - No Man's Land (2001 film)
- There is the lush and green Palma, the arid and barren Motavia, and finally, the icy and desolate Dezoris. - Phantasy Star (video game)
- Upon reaching London he finds it desolate and empty. - Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of The War of the Worlds
- On a desolate stretch of highway, Kevin decides to begin hitchhiking. - The Wonder Years
- They then find themselves in a desolate abandoned city of the ancient world of Charn. - The Magician's Nephew
- Setting out again, Gulliver's ship is attacked by pirates and he is marooned close to a desolate rocky island near India. - Gulliver's Travels
Meaning of "desolate" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "desolate" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "desolate" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "desolate"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word desolate below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.