How to use "despondent" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "despondent" in popular movie and book plots
- Nellie then becomes morosely despondent in response to what has happened. - Peyton Place (film)
- Pedro and Napoleon then discover that a skit was also required from them, and a despondent Pedro gives an unimpressive speech. - Napoleon Dynamite
- There he finds the clinic in a shambles and Elliot despondent and intoxicated. - Dead Ringers (film)
- Tracy is shocked and despondent upon hearing the unexpected news of her defeat. - Election (1999 film)
- Returning to France, Claude moves in artistic circles and meets many attractive women while Muriel gets increasingly despondent in Wales. - Two English Girls
- A despondent artist named Preston (James Remar) witnesses a gruesome murder committed by a gargoyle-like monster. - Tales from the Darkside: The Movie
- Finally, in August 1967, a despondent Halliwell kills Orton and commits suicide. - Prick Up Your Ears
- A despondent Wyatt and his family leave Tombstone and board a train, with Clanton and Frank Stilwell close behind, preparing to ambush them. - Tombstone (film)
- Dale tries to teach the despondent orphans to view this as a lesson ("Don't Be a Do-Badder"). - Robin and the 7 Hoods
- Hundert is caught between celebrating Bell's newfound success and feeling guilty when he sees a despondent Blythe. - The Emperor's Club
- A despondent Bruce walks alone on a highway, asking God to take back His powers and letting his fate be in His hands. - Bruce Almighty
- There, Nell becomes extremely despondent and unresponsive. - Nell (film)
- Suddenly, David falls ill and dies during the opening night of her show, and she is despondent having lost the love of her life. - I'll Cry Tomorrow
- On discovering that Yvaine is gone, a despondent and regretful Tristran spends the night under a tree. - Stardust (novel)
- Young Joe Carraclough (Roddy McDowall) grows despondent at the loss of his companion. - Lassie Come Home
- As a despondent young man, Barry becomes infatuated with his older cousin, Nora Brady. - Barry Lyndon
Meaning of "despondent" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "despondent" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "despondent" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "despondent"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word despondent below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.