How to use "despotic" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "despotic" in popular movie and book plots
- Life there in the city is difficult, as the young man must confront his father and his despotic sister Dorotea. - Vento del sud
- At the start of the game, despotic General Masters is attempting to take over the island by force. - Midwinter (video game)
- André, wishing to revenge himself on a despotic seigneur, uses the Jacobins' rise to force the seigneur's daughter to marry him. - A Child of the Revolution
- Far back in the Dark Days of Gallifrey, Imperiatrix Pandora became the despotic ruler of the Time Lords. - Gallifrey: Lies
- On the remote Caribbean island Ojeda an agitated population kills their despotic ruler Mariano Vargas. - La Fièvre Monte à El Pao
- Talquist, the despotic Emperor Presumptive of Sorbold, brings to life a gigantic earthen statue, which goes on rampage. - Elegy for a Lost Star
- It is about the horror of the Highland Clearances, and the heir of a despotic landlord, Cailean Og, who is disinherited. - Dùn Aluinn
- When elements of his administration plot against him and his despotic rule, Tsao comes down ruthlessly. - New Dragon Gate Inn
- The Counts of Poitain arrive on the isolated shores, looking for Conan to lead them against the despotic King of Aquilonia, Numedides. - The Black Stranger
- Europe, once a promising glimpse of humanity's potential, has become a well of despair under the despotic rule of a handful of feudal lords. - Mace: The Dark Age
- In Egmont, Goethe relates the fight of Count Egmont (1522-1568) against the despotic Duke of Alba. - Egmont (play)
- On the planet Karfel the small population is ruled in a rigid hierarchy, at the apex of which is the Borad, a sadistic and despotic ruler. - Timelash
- Yang Bailao, Xi'er's father, has been away to avoid the debt collector from the despotic landlord, Huang Shiren. - The White Haired Girl
- When the emissary returns soon after, Hazel and his rabbits learn that Efrafa is a police state led by the despotic General Woundwort. - Watership Down
- As a result, his rule is one of religious awe and despotic fear. - God Emperor of Dune
- Vornoff resorts to belting his assistant to drive him away, revealing to Janet the violent and despotic nature of her host. - Bride of the Monster
Meaning of "despotic" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "despotic" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "despotic" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "despotic"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word despotic below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.