How to use "destitute" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "destitute" in popular movie and book plots
- Billy's Christmas pageant prank goes horribly awry, and a destitute old lady needs a bag of food, but he forgets to bring it to her. - Christmas Every Day
- Mal finds his father Ezra (Joe Seneca) left destitute after his home had been burned down and his land overrun by cattle. - Silverado (film)
- He arrives at Ellangowan in time to be present at the death of the now destitute Godfrey Bertram. - Guy Mannering
- Henry Chinaski (Mickey Rourke) is a destitute alcoholic who lives in a rundown apartment and works menial jobs when he can find them. - Barfly (film)
- One day, he abandoned her, taking her inheritance, leaving her destitute and alone. - The Shanghai Gesture
- She got destitute and started having an affair with Ali, who in turn was also unfaithful. - Rog
- Circumstances leave mason Tom Builder and his family destitute and starving. - The Pillars of the Earth
- Left almost destitute and without any education, the sisters are forced to sell the family home to cover their father's debts. - The House of Eliott
- He is then left destitute in the middle of New York with very little money and no job. - The Passion of New Eve
- Her father claims these were loans to help a destitute friend and which he was unable to repay before his death. - Music Box (film)
- Eventually he purchases an estate from the destitute Khlobuyev but is arrested when he attempts to forge the will of Khlobuyev's rich aunt. - Dead Souls
- Wilson arrives at Hollis's and Addison's house, destitute and sick ("The Game [Reprise]"). - Road Show (musical)
- Through his observations of dr Niide's compassion and a series of destitute patients, dr Yasumoto learns what being a doctor really means. - Red Beard
- In February 1864 Pinson is shipped out to Barbados, and a destitute Adèle follows him. - The Story of Adele H.
- Years later, Yevgraf finds a sick and destitute Yuri in Moscow during the Stalinist era and gives him a new suit and a job. - Doctor Zhivago (film)
- While they live in opulence, the destitute and dirt poor live nearby in crowded, filthy tenements. - Dead End (1937 film)
Meaning of "destitute" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "destitute" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "destitute" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "destitute"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word destitute below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.