How to use "detached" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "detached" in popular movie and book plots
- As they carry the creature back to the castle, the Doctor tells Solon that Morbius's brain will be detached and returned to the Time Lords. - The Brain of Morbius
- A television star, she turns to David's heroin and becomes sick and detached in the process. - Never Die Alone
- Pink is a rock star, one of several reasons behind his apparent depressive and detached emotional state. - Pink Floyd – The Wall
- Because of this detached and scientific approach, Thérèse Raquin is considered an example of naturalism. - Thérèse Raquin
- Data lands safely, but Juliana is knocked unconscious and her arm becomes detached from her torso. - Inheritance (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
- The detached boxcars continue to coast at high speed. - Broken Arrow (1996 film)
- Suibhne is haunted by headless cadavers and detached heads at Sliabh Fuaid. - Buile Shuibhne
- Charlotte is unsure of her future with John, feeling detached from his lifestyle and disillusioned about their relationship. - Lost in Translation (film)
- The MRI's strong magnetic field detached the assemblers from her. - Prey (novel)
- After the spacecraft fires upon MacArthur, Blaine has its main capsule detached from the sail and taken aboard. - The Mote in God's Eye
- The story opens on Wednesday January 6, 1999 when Yuichi arrives in the city and is very detached from it and its inhabitants. - Kanon (visual novel)
- Rosetta is traumatized, becoming detached and distant from her mother and no longer an innocent child. - Two Women
- She is perceived by the other (male) doctors as detached and emotionless. - Spellbound (1945 film)
- He subsequently grows up to be an emotionally detached adult who is never able to establish intimate relationships. - The Go-Between
- Casey, having previously detached the last two cars from the rest of the train, informs the Pentagon that the passengers are safe. - Under Siege 2: Dark Territory
- Struck down by an Army officer, Hamilton suffers a detached retina. - The Year of Living Dangerously (film)
Meaning of "detached" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "detached" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "detached" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "detached"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word detached below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.