How to use "determine" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "determine" in popular movie and book plots
- It sends three agents to determine if the planet is a potential threat to the universe, and whether it should be destroyed. - The Amazing 3
- The boy was able to determine the intelligence of his opponents and play upon that to interpret their next move. - The Purloined Letter
- Despite this, the police determine that she's the prime suspect, and her fragile mental state only strengthens the case. - After the Thin Man
- A small detachment of men performs a reconnaissance mission on Tall's orders to determine the strength of the Japanese bunker. - The Thin Red Line (1998 film)
- The restaurant's employees try to determine if he needs help. - Shine (film)
- Scientists determine explosives planted on the surface of the asteroid may divert it into a stable orbit around Earth. - The Dig
- Harper lets slip enough information to allow Powell to determine that Harper's children must know where the money is. - The Night of the Hunter (film)
- Jill is trying to help mrs Buttle determine what happened to her husband, but her efforts are obstructed by bureaucracy. - Brazil (1985 film)
- The team's attack is aborted while they determine the next move. - Executive Decision
- A sanity hearing is scheduled to determine who should control the Deeds' fortune. - Mr. Deeds Goes to Town
- Gendibal and Novi are sent to track Trevize and to determine the goals of the "Anti-Mules". - Foundation's Edge
- Helena, coming across him, wakes him while attempting to determine whether he is dead or asleep. - A Midsummer Night's Dream
- Fitz, Simmons and Lincoln determine that the effect of Hive's infection will prevent those Inhumans he controls from being sedated. - The Singularity (Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.)
- Toward the end, the remaining victims are called out to determine which of them will be punished. - Salò, or the 120 Days of Sodom
- Paul's prescience helps him determine the identity of Jessica's father, the "maternal grandfather who cannot be named" — the Baron himself. - Vladimir Harkonnen
- As a result, a more extensive test is required to determine whether she is a replicant. - Blade Runner
Meaning of "determine" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "determine" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "determine" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "determine"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word determine below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.