How to use "devious" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "devious" in popular movie and book plots
- Meanwhile, devious schemes are afoot at the home of Bill's uncle Cooley. - Bill the Conqueror
- Meanwhile, the sheriff comes up with a devious plan. - Colorado Territory (film)
- Eli's long suffering wife, Sarah, demands a divorce while praising her son for his devious behavior. - Nobel Son
- One day, King Gorgeous Gorge and his Gluttons cook up a devious plan to rule the world and they sprinkled an extra dash of destruction. - Fighting Foodons
- Learning their location through devious means, Rahul turns up at their hotel in the Alps. - Darr
- Angered over the loss of her lover and his slight of her character, Merteuil devises a devious plan of revenge. - Valmont (film)
- The next morning, Susie attempts to take revenge on Emilio with a devious plan. - The Pleasure Seekers
- But Pulakesi devises a devious way of making her dance by beating the captured Pallava citizens and stopping only when Sivagami dances. - Sivagamiyin Sapatham
- Set in 15th-Century Europe, a fictional medieval kingdom is ruled by the devious Queen Aggravain and the mute King Sextimus the Silent. - Once Upon a Mattress
- Graveheart and Cryos are captured by a faction of convicts led by Jewelia, a devious woman who takes a liking to Graveheart. - Shadow Raiders
- Klaymodo's chief baddies are the devious dr Kiln and local voodist Happy Harry Houngan. - ClayFighter 63⅓
- They are highly intelligent but devious and selfish. - The Mysterious Cities of Gold
- By the epilogue, however, Darrin and Samantha most often embrace, having overcome the devious elements that failed to separate them. - Bewitched
- His greatest ally and his greatest adversary is Clorinde Balbi, an Italian woman of dubious background and devious intent. - Son Excellence Eugène Rougon
- By devious means Uriah Heep gradually gains a complete ascendancy over the aging and alcoholic Wickfield, to Agnes' great sorrow. - David Copperfield
- While washing a sheet, Mrs O'Leary discovers a drawing, apparently created by Gil Warren, a devious local businessman. - In Old Chicago
Meaning of "devious" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "devious" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "devious" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "devious"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word devious below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.