How to use "devoid" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "devoid" in popular movie and book plots
- In addition, much of the story is revealed as a series of vignettes – often devoid of context, or (deliberately) out of sequence. - The Story of an African Farm
- His wife Penelope (Noni Hazlehurst) is trapped in routine, devoid of self-respect. - Bitter & Twisted (film)
- Monte- aware that if he tries to save her, he will lose the bet- jumps into the water, before finding out that the bag is devoid of Lucy. - The Linguini Incident
- Bones chooses water purification for their field since his brother was an experienced pool man and the field appeared to be devoid of combat. - In the Army Now (film)
- Her marriage is stable but devoid of emotional intimacy, and her son is actually a stepson from her husband's previous marriage. - Safe (1995 film)
- Frasier's girlfriend, Charlotte, is leaving for Chicago, leaving Frasier devoid of any current love life. - Goodnight, Seattle
- He is then confronted by a humanoid Heinderella, who proceeds to steal Joe's hero-ness from him, leaving him devoid of his superpowers. - Viewtiful Joe: Double Trouble!
- After looking around, he finds, to his surprise, the ship is completely devoid of any crew. - The Mark of Gideon
- Surprised to find the surface devoid of humanoid life, Kirk, dr McCoy and Spock beam down to investigate. - All Our Yesterdays (Star Trek: The Original Series)
- Goldfinger traps GoldenEye inside a chamber that he claims will soon be devoid of oxygen. - GoldenEye: Rogue Agent
- The Chosen One eventually finds Vault 13, the supposed location of a GECK, devoid of the majority of its former human inhabitants. - Fallout 2
- Later, as electricity returns to the building, Pratt's corpse is shown in the panic room, now devoid of roaches. - Creepshow
- From prison, she writes a letter to Poirot, remarkably devoid of remorse or anger that her scheme was foiled. - Lord Edgware Dies
- It is Cecilia in particular who does not understand how young people such as her daughter Tina can be utterly devoid of morals. - King Solomon's Carpet
- The garden is otherwise devoid of fauna. - The Quiet Earth
- Beyond the Hidden Centuries they can emerge, but find Earth devoid of human life. - The End of Eternity
Meaning of "devoid" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "devoid" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "devoid" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "devoid"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word devoid below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.