How to use "devotion" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "devotion" in popular movie and book plots
- She annoys mrs Malaprop by loudly professing her eternal devotion to "Beverley" while rejecting "Jack Absolute". - The Rivals
- Lucy's hard work and devotion to others contrast sharply with George's world-weary recklessness and greed. - Two Weeks Notice
- Polly is a peculiar little girl who soon develops a deep devotion to Graham, who showers her with attention. - Villette (novel)
- After Rémy and his friends retreat to the countryside, they speak of their devotion to constantly evolving -isms. - The Barbarian Invasions
- She sings a seductive song ("Whatever Lola Wants"), but Joe's devotion to Meg proves too strong, even for her. - Damn Yankees
- The only way that she can regain her husband's love and devotion is if he is able to obtain a "not guilty" verdict for mrs Paradine. - The Paradine Case
- However, when he returns covered with blood and cuts, she sees his vulnerability and devotion to her, no matter how misguided. - Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down!
- Hunter gives her a silver Claddagh ring, as a symbol of his love and devotion to her. - Sweep (book series)
- Amsterdam is tormented by the realization he acted more out of honest devotion to Bill than from his own plan of revenge. - Gangs of New York
- In her devotion to him, however, she is never able to indulge the motherly instinct she feels, except in an indirect way. - White Banners
- Chaplin and Mildred separate after the premature death of their only child and Chaplin's utter devotion to his films. - Chaplin (film)
- Alan's sexual training began with his mother who told him he could find true love and contentment by way of religious devotion and marriage. - Equus (play)
- Vincent van Gogh's obsessive devotion to his art engulfs, consumes and finally destroys him. - Lust for Life (film)
- Rameses, well aware of his father's (and Nefretiri's ) devotion to Moses, decides not to execute him and make a martyr out of him. - The Ten Commandments (1956 film)
- Eddie witnesses this exchange and becomes even more enamored of Queenie for her devotion to her sister. - The Broadway Melody
- Out of devotion to Marilla and Green Gables, Anne gives up the scholarship to stay at home and help Marilla, whose eyesight is failing. - Anne of Green Gables
Meaning of "devotion" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "devotion" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "devotion" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "devotion"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word devotion below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.