How to use "devour" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "devour" in popular movie and book plots
- As it clutches her in its talons and is about to devour her, she quickly dons the crown and turns the dragon to gold. - Heir Apparent (novel)
- Once the planet has been consumed, the alien takes the form of the entire planet and seeks to devour other planets within the galaxy. - Abadox
- When the troll threatens to devour him, however, the third billy goat challenges him and knocks the troll off the bridge with his horns. - Three Billy Goats Gruff
- His intention is to use the weapon to destroy their defenses and devour all of their settlements. - Mortal Engines
- A German aircraft suddenly drops a container full of supplies, and the men rush out to devour its contents. - Stalingrad (1993 film)
- Camilla sits on a branch above the ground, cradling the baby, while wolves devour one of the men. - The Guardian (1990 film)
- While Judah is still impaled, Ashe calls upon a murder of crows, which devour Judah. - The Crow: City of Angels
- He kills his former supervisor Dave Stockley (Kim Coates) by tossing him into the enclosure, where the sandkings then devour him. - The Sandkings
- Shinichi feels compelled to fight other Parasites, who devour humans as food, while enlisting Migi's help. - Parasyte
- These rings are dangerous magical artifacts that, individually, devour the life force of anyone they touch, rendering them comatose. - Zombiepowder.
- He and Bagheera rest in a tree for the night, where Kaa, a hungry python, tries to devour Mowgli, but Bagheera intervenes. - The Jungle Book (1967 film)
- Eddie soon arrives, but as he tries to pull the trailer back over the edge with an SUV, the adult rexes return and devour him. - The Lost World: Jurassic Park
- They realize they are trapped by what is apparently some unknown blob creature that is waiting to devour whoever enters the water. - The Raft (short story)
- Just as the spider is about to devour the creature, Charas crushes them both with a rock. - The Fly (1958 film)
- Scott is captured by several vampires who begin to devour him. - From Dusk till Dawn
- The Maitlands intervene before the ceremony is completed, with Barbara riding a sandworm through the house to devour Betelgeuse. - Beetlejuice
Meaning of "devour" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "devour" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "devour" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "devour"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word devour below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.