How to use "dictate" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "dictate" in popular movie and book plots
- Seeing that Barney's trying to dictate her career, Quinn asks for some time to think and leaves Barney, who reinstates the employee. - Good Crazy
- KirinyagaKoriba kills a newborn child because traditional beliefs dictate that it is a demon. - Kirinyaga (novel)
- Once inside, Eli, revealed to be blind, begins to dictate the Bible from memory to Lombardi (Malcolm McDowell), the leader of the group. - The Book of Eli
- Due to the secrecy of the robot's mission, their orders dictate they must destroy themselves upon discovery. - Isaac Asimov's Robot City: Odyssey
- Among other things, the rules dictate that he be washed by the matron every night and wear an old-fashioned uniform. - Time Gentlemen, Please!
- To prevent this, he starts to dictate who Hayley gets to date with or not, airlifting guys she is interested in. - Pulling Double Booty
- Before he passes away, Manu uses a tape recorder to dictate his life for others to hear of. - The Witnesses
- Edley has Bunny come to his apartment to dictate a proposed contract for his deal with the Bey. - Week-End at the Waldorf
- The love for his wife that used to dictate his every action is replaced with an inescapable infatuation with the excitement of the Pit. - The Pit (Norris novel)
- He shares a cell with four other inmates, and adjusts to the strict rules which dictate prisoners' movements in minute detail. - Doing Time (2002 film)
- Sir Humphrey suggests that they take more from the United Kingdom, but the economics dictate otherwise. - Doing the Honours
- He tells the audience that he "will dictate peace term in the White House". - Tokio Jokio
- Hirohito reflects on the foundation of the conflict while attempting to dictate peace terms. - The Sun (film)
- Cain warns Starbuck not to let her conscience dictate how she behaves at difficult moments. - Resurrection Ship
- Kelly's brave retort, "Don't threaten or dictate to us until you're marching up Whitehall. - Battle of Britain (film)
- Following the Ridolfi plot of 1571 prisoners were made to dictate their confessions, before copying and signing them, if they still could. - Guy Fawkes
Meaning of "dictate" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "dictate" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "dictate" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "dictate"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word dictate below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.