How to use "die" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "die" in popular movie and book plots
- Benjamin arrives soon after, only to have another of his sons die in his arms. - The Patriot (2000 film)
- In the end, Harriman finally makes it to the Moon, only to die on the surface soon after landing, content at finally having reached his goal. - Requiem (short story)
- As the crowd cheers him on, they suddenly ask, "Hey JC, JC, won't you die for me. - Jesus Christ Superstar
- Eventually, those who cannot or will not learn Smith's methods will die out, leaving Homo superior. - Stranger in a Strange Land
- Most joined the so-called Death Corps to fight against the nobles' soldiers, and many die in vain. - Final Fantasy Tactics
- He assures her that she will die an old woman, warm in her bed. - Titanic (1997 film)
- The doctor informs Katkov that he will die if he keeps playing chess as he is addicted to the game and it's consuming his very being. - The Luzhin Defence
- Anne refuses, saying that she would rather die than betray their daughter. - Anne of the Thousand Days
- The second repair is successful, but the engineer is certain to die from radiation poisoning. - K-19: The Widowmaker
- Ryan attempts to persuade the fiercely patriotic Loginov to surrender rather than die in the explosion, but Loginov refuses. - The Hunt for Red October
- Millions die and millions more are left to live on government handouts. - The Shockwave Rider
- Fewer than ten percent of the recruits finish basic training; the rest resign, are expelled, or die in training. - Starship Troopers
- Kaworu fights Shinji, then realizes that he must die if humanity is to thrive and asks Shinji to kill him. - Neon Genesis Evangelion
- She tells him tearfully, "I'm afraid I'll die and go to hell". - Gone with the Wind (novel)
- Vaughan's ultimate fantasy is to die in a head-on collision with movie star Elizabeth Taylor. - Crash (J. G. Ballard novel)
- In the town of Oran, thousands of rats, initially unnoticed by the populace, begin to die in the streets. - The Plague
Meaning of "die" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "die" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "die" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "die"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word die below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.