How to use "dig" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "dig" in popular movie and book plots
- All of the players from both teams try to hit him which eventually causes him to dig into the sand to escape. - Mickey's Polo Team
- Meanwhile, in the desert, Iago manages to dig himself and Jafar's genie lamp out of the sand where the Cave of Wonders was. - The Return of Jafar
- The police dig up an abandoned well where they find a knife and the remains of Olga, who had been stabbed like Ferrier. - Hallowe'en Party
- He shows them where to dig to find Ankh-es-en-amon's tomb. - The Mummy (1932 film)
- Elaine Marley, in her home on Booty Island, hears the explosion and correctly deduces that someone is attempting to dig up Big Whoop. - Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge
- Wang puts two chop sticks in Roy's mouth for him to dig himself out. - Shanghai Noon
- As punishment for his escape, he is forced to repeatedly dig a grave-sized hole in the prison camp yard, fill it back in, and then be beaten. - Cool Hand Luke
- On their first night, the squad is ordered to dig in and hold their positions under the cover of darkness. - Sands of Iwo Jima
- In Series Nine, Madge is mentioned as being on an archaeological dig in Egypt; in reality Joan Sims died before filming began. - As Time Goes By (TV series)
- An elderly Jesuit priest named Father Lankester Merrin is leading an archaeological dig in northern Iraq and is studying ancient relics. - The Exorcist (novel)
- Kinnie (James Whitmore), the men are ordered to dig in on the outskirts of town. - Battleground (film)
- He disciplines them by having them dig a large slit trench by hand. - Wake Island (film)
- The story opens with the narrator, Sanders Roscoe, defending his neighbor Edith Goodnough to a reporter trying to dig up dirt on her. - The Tie That Binds (novel)
- After Pinocchio leaves, the Fox and the Cat dig up the coins and run away. - The Adventures of Pinocchio
- It is the desire to do better, to dig deeper, that propels civilization to greatness". - Apt Pupil (film)
- Stumbling across contradictions in the allegations against Collingridge and his brother, Mattie begins to dig deeper. - House of Cards (UK TV series)
Meaning of "dig" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "dig" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "dig" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "dig"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word dig below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.