How to use "dilapidated" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "dilapidated" in popular movie and book plots
- Their initial method of transport is Granado's dilapidated Norton 500 motorcycle christened La Poderosa ("The Mighty One"). - The Motorcycle Diaries (film)
- He promises Sarbajaya that he will return with money to repair their dilapidated house. - Pather Panchali
- He drives a dilapidated 1977 Mercury Marquis that pours smoke and backfires. - Uncle Buck
- In France, Bart arrives at "Château Maison", which is actually a dilapidated farmhouse on a run-down vineyard. - The Crepes of Wrath
- Tintin (Jean-Pierre Talbot), Snowy and the Captain travel to Istanbul only to find that it is an old cargo ship in a really dilapidated state. - Tintin and the Golden Fleece
- Honey's new choreography career makes it tougher for her mother to maintain the dilapidated community center. - Honey (2003 film)
- Dignan discovers a dilapidated but functional Alfa Romeo Spider, and Dignan and Anthony continue with the 75-year plan. - Bottle Rocket
- Miguel enters the dilapidated underbelly of the station, and in a cavernous chamber he finds a broken piano playing the distress signal. - Memories (1995 film)
- In a dilapidated apartment building in post-apocalyptic France, food is in short supply and grain is used as currency. - Delicatessen (film)
- Wes starts at the Outskirt Stand, a dilapidated train engine in the middle of the desert that has been converted into a shop. - Pokémon Colosseum
- Holden checks into the dilapidated Edmont Hotel. - The Catcher in the Rye
- Stevo and Bob go from party to party while living in a dilapidated apartment. - SLC Punk!
- The children have stumbled across an amalgamation of anomalies within an old, dilapidated building. - The Animatrix
- He visits his father (Robert Duvall), who has become a mentally unbalanced hermit living in the dilapidated home where Karl grew up. - Sling Blade (film)
- The next morning, Giorgio picks Anita up in his cousin's dilapidated truck. - Three Coins in the Fountain (film)
- In a time of economic prosperity for the country, the Spences cope with possibly their most dilapidated parsonage yet. - One Foot in Heaven
Meaning of "dilapidated" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "dilapidated" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "dilapidated" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "dilapidated"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word dilapidated below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.