How to use "dilettante" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "dilettante" in popular movie and book plots
- They pick up the drugs from Harper's friend Benji, who mocks her for being a dilettante who only pretends to be an artist. - Fort Tilden (film)
- In the meantime the butterfly wife has become enmeshed in the nets of a dilettante artist (Crane). - Heedless Moths
- Roland Crane, a wealthy map collector and dilettante archaeologist, is visited by Polly Gould, a cousin of an army friend who has disappeared. - Land Beyond the Map
- Hamner goes from being a dilettante astronomer to a determined survivor, with his new wife, Eileen. - Lucifer's Hammer
- Mike Damone, a dilettante who earns money taking bets and scalping tickets, fancies himself a sagacious and worldly ladies' man. - Fast Times at Ridgemont High
Meaning of "dilettante" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "dilettante" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "dilettante" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "dilettante"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word dilettante below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.