How to use "dinner" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "dinner" in popular movie and book plots
- Knudsen is a domineering religious man who warns against those who "traffic in gold" and trades Bible verses with Judd at the dinner table. - Ride the High Country
- A celebration dinner is planned and Ignatz is given two dollars to go purchase a chicken. - Pass the Gravy
- Del invites Triplette for family dinner with Linnea and their two deaf children. - Nashville (film)
- Scrooge, an old miser, hates Christmas and refuses an invitation to Christmas dinner from his nephew Fred. - A Christmas Carol
- A woman at Townsend's home, presumed to be mrs Townsend, (Josephine Hutchinson) says he got drunk at her dinner party. - North by Northwest
- She has Lyman put on his best clothes, cooks a three-course dinner for him, waits for him to fall asleep and then sets fire to their house. - The Tie That Binds (novel)
- Alice has invited Tony, his father, and his mother over for dinner the next evening, and it is the only thing on the entire family's mind. - You Can't Take It with You (play)
- The real killer is uncovered at the dinner party, before he almost takes the life of someone who knows too much. - The Thin Man (film)
- Mario helps her move the car, and they have dinner together at Rynn's house. - The Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane
- He is invited to dinner by Holly, who is leaving the next morning for Brazil to continue her relationship with José. - Breakfast at Tiffany's (film)
- Brontë is invited to a dinner party to discuss the issue and discovers Georges is there, having been asked by Lauren. - Green Card (film)
- That evening, Margo and Bill announce their engagement at dinner with the Richardses. - All About Eve
- Magenta interrupts the reunion by sounding a massive gong and stating that dinner is prepared. - The Rocky Horror Picture Show
- They sneak into a Stokes campaign gala dinner she is attending, disguised as musicians. - O Brother, Where Art Thou?
- Dick angrily runs away while Bruce and Chase have dinner together in the manor. - Batman Forever
- Napoleon holds a dinner party for the pigs and local farmers, with whom he celebrates a new alliance. - Animal Farm
Meaning of "dinner" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "dinner" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "dinner" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "dinner"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word dinner below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.