How to use "discern" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "discern" in popular movie and book plots
- She is unable to discern if it was a dream or reality. - Usha Parinayam
- During his journey, he gains new abilities as a Magus and can even detect the aura of living beings and discern their personalities. - The Quest (novel)
- Miranda brings the Key and a Dragon Lord helmet to Elvandar, where Pug, Tomas, and the Spellweavers attempt to discern its use. - Rise of a Merchant Prince
- She finds it difficult to discern whether people like her for her personality, or only because she is rich and beautiful. - Hiram na Mukha (film)
- He speaks to his wife again recalling her skills with the children and her ability to discern issues in relationships and keep them strong. - Why Did I Get Married? (play)
- Valerian plays it but is unable to discern the meaning. - The Book of Dead Days
- Matt is still able to discern the name of Bennet's daughter, Claire, impressing Bennet with his developing power. - Matt Parkman
- Furious, Skorzeny heads into Lodz to discern the problem. - Worldwar: Striking the Balance
- Little can be gleaned from the diagram, but the men do discern that the forcefilm could protect a city from a nuclear attack. - Attack from Atlantis
- He complies but vanishes before her mother can discern if he is a sinister or benevolent entity. - Haunting of Cassie Palmer
- She claims Mag sometimes tries to tell lies about the past, thinking Maureen is unable to discern them from reality. - The Beauty Queen of Leenane
- Both types of wielders can, to a degree, discern the presence of both forces. - The Saga of Recluce
- I cannot discern the child's alignment. - RG Veda
- It follows the journey of Sally Beth Roe as she tries to escape her past and slowly overcomes her constant struggle to discern the Truth. - Piercing the Darkness
- After defeating them in battle, Wes unties the sack to find Rui, a girl with the ability to discern Shadow Pokémon. - Pokémon Colosseum
- Gekko gives Bud another chance, and tells him to spy on British CEO Sir Lawrence Wildman (Terence Stamp) and discern Wildman's next move. - Wall Street (1987 film)
Meaning of "discern" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "discern" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "discern" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "discern"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word discern below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.